C TRAN is the smart way to go!
C TRAN is: ______________
- Shopper Shuttle - only 50 cents per boarding. 25 cents for seniors and people with disabilities.
- 9 local routes service Elmira & the towns of Chemung County
- Commuter routes to Ithaca, Corning, and Elmira-Owego Service via Sayre, PA.
- Local One-way Fare $1.75
- Discounts offered on most routes for seniors, people with disabilities, and youth
- Seniors 60 years of age and older travel free on local city routes on Mondays.
- All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts
- Access Chemung - curb to curb service available to seniors and people with a disability for medical and employment destinations.
Public Notice is Hereby Given, that C TRAN, formerly known as the Chemung County Transit System, intends to update its Federal Transit Administration Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program goal and to set its 2017-2019 goal at 0.01%. Persons interested in making a public comment on the DBE Program may obtain more information about the DBE Program from: Tina Hager, Transit Specialist, Chemung County Commerce Center, 400 East Church Street, Elmira, New York 14901. Written public comments will be accepted until October 28, 2016. Certified DBEs who could potentially participate in contracts for C TRAN projects should notify the Transit Specialist to receive direct communication regarding procurements
C TRAN is entering the world of 511 trip planning.
511NY is New York State's official traffic and travel info source. Taking public transit is safe and reliable, soon you will be able to go to our trip planner in the left side of this page to start planning your trip, or simply dial 511 on your phone. Wherever you're going, 511NY is here to get you there.Read more...
Join the Car-Free Challenge!
Walk. Bike. Ride the bus. Carpool.
September 22-October 5
Visit the website to register, log your trips and be eligible to www.carfreechallenge.wordpress.com
Win Daily Prizes!
Registration is available now.
Riders seeking more information should call the C TRAN customer information line at 607 734-5211