C TRAN is the smart way to go!
New fares and schedules now in place.
C TRAN is:
- Shopper Shuttle - only 50 cents per boarding. 25 cents for seniors and people with disabilities.
- 9 local routes service Elmira & the towns of Chemung County
- Commuter routes to Ithaca, Corning, and New Elmira-Owego Service via Sayre, PA.
- Local One-way Fare $1.75
- Discounts offered on most routes for seniors, people with disabilities, and youth
- All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts
- Dial-A-Ride service is available to those who qualify
C TRAN is entering the world of 511 trip planning.
511NY is New York State's official traffic and travel info source. Taking public transit is safe and reliable, soon you will be able to go to our trip planner in the left side of this page to start planning your trip, or simply dial 511 on your phone. Wherever you're going, 511NY is here to get you there.Read more...
A regional job fair will take place at the Murray Athletic Center (The Domes) on Tuesday, April 28th from 11:30AM - 3:30PM. To accommodate job seekers, CTRAN has arranged for free route deviation to the Domes on Route #6-Lake Road at the following times:
1. Departs Elmira Transit Center at 11:00AM
deviate from Bethany Village and arrive at the Domes at 11:30AM
2. Departs Elmira Transit Center at 2:00 PM
deviate from Bethany Village and arrive at the Domes at 2:30 PM (only return available)
arrive Grand Central Plaza at 2:40PM, Elmira Transit Center at 3:00PM
Riders seeking more information should call the C TRAN customer information line at 734-5211.