C TRAN is the smart way to go!
New fares and schedules now in place.
C TRAN is:
- Shopper Shuttle - only 50 cents per boarding. 25 cents for seniors and people with disabilities.
- 8 local routes service Elmira & the towns of Chemung County
- Commuter routes to Ithaca, Corning, and Sayre, PA
- Local One-way Fare $1.75
- Discounts offered for seniors, people with disabilities, and youth
- All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts
- Dial-A-Ride service is available to those who qualify
C TRAN is entering the world of 511 trip planning.
511NY is New York State's official traffic and travel info source. Taking public transit is safe and reliable, soon you will be able to go to our trip planner in the left side of this page to start planning your trip, or simply dial 511 on your phone. Wherever you're going, 511NY is here to get you there.Read more...
C TRAN Service and Fare Modifications Due to Medicaid Funding Loss.
Due to a significant loss of Medicaid funding from the State Department of Health since October 2013, operator First transit submitted the proposal to the County in order to maintain the highest level of transit service that is feasible. October 14th the Legislature approved the following modified changes and will be effective November 17, 2014.
Three major changes are proposed to fixed route service: