C TRAN is the smart way to go!
C TRAN is:
- Shopper Shuttle - only 50 cents per boarding. 25 cents for seniors and people with disabilities.
- 9 local routes service Elmira & the towns of Chemung County
- Commuter routes to Ithaca, Corning, and Elmira-Owego Service via Sayre, PA.
- Local One-way Fare $1.75
- Discounts offered on most routes for seniors, people with disabilities, and youth
- Seniors 60 years of age and older travel free on local city routes on Mondays.
- All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts
- Access Chemung - curb to curb service available to seniors and people with a disability for medical and employment destinations.
1. No eating or drinking.
2.No smoking, including e-cigarettes or vaping.
3. No animals allowed unless it's a service animal.
4. Place bags and packages on your lap and secured so as not to block the aisle or slide around.
5. Be prepared to pay the correct fare and present a valid identification card.
6. Use earphones when playing audio or video devices.
7. No littering,running,horseplay, or swearing.
8. Do not harass the driver and other passengers.
9. No posting, soliciting, or distributing pamphlets on the bus.
Please refer to the 2016 Transit Passenger and Visitor Conduct Policy available by request by calling the C TRAN office at 607 734-5211. Drivers may discharge passengers who are not following the rules. Violation fo public law such as assault. carrying a concealed weapon, and vandalism or property damage will be considered a serious offense. Failure to follow the rules could lead to suspension of ridership, including long-term suspension.
C TRAN is entering the world of 511 trip planning.
511NY is New York State's official traffic and travel info source. Taking public transit is safe and reliable, soon you will be able to go to our trip planner in the left side of this page to start planning your trip, or simply dial 511 on your phone. Wherever you're going, 511NY is here to get you there.Read more...