Can I get to Robert Packer Hospital from Elmira or Owego?
Yes, there are 4 trips per day from Elmira to Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, PA. Buses leave Elmira at 6:45AM, 11:00AM, 1:00PM and 4:30PM. From Owego County Offices buses leave at 8:32AM, 12:46PM and 2:46PM. See Route 10- Elmira-Owego fro more detail.
May I bring my pet on the bus?
No, pets are not allowed on the bus. Service animals are permitted.
Where can I catch the bus?
C TRAN offers the convenience of a flag-stop system. This means you may flag the bus anywhere along the route and the driver will pull over at the closest, safe area. Please be obvious you would like the driver to pull over by waiving your arms or your C TRAN bus pas and looking directly at the driver. To locate where a route travels, please review the "Quick Routes" link on the left side of the page. Each route has a map you may zoom in and see exactly where the bus travels.
How do I reserve non-emergency Medicaid transportation?
At least three days prior to your anticipated appointment, you will want to call MedicalAnswering Service (MAS) at 1-855-733-9399. When participating in the Medicaid transportation program it is your responsibility to utilize the same means of transportation that you would use for your regular daily activities. Most medical facilities are accessible by our fixed route service and MAS will be happy to send you transit tickets or a bus pass for your trip. We will help you use the bus schedule if needed.
What if I can't walk to a bus route or live in an area not served by fixed routes?
There is a service called Access Chemung which is available to seniors and people with disabilities to get to employment or Non-Medicaid covered medical appointments. See Services for more detail.
How do I confirm a non-emergency Medicaid appointment?
You must confirm with your transportation provider before the day your ride is scheduled. This will insure that your trip is scheduled and that your trip is still needed. When you call to confirm the trip, you will receive an estimated time for pick-up and return. You may confirm rides with C TRAN Dial-A-Ride at 607-734-5211.
What if I will be very late or very early from my scheduled return ride?
If you or someone from the medical office calls us as soon as you know, we will try to reschedule your return ride. We expect that you will keep your transportation appointment. If you let us know in advance that you need to cancel the trip, you will remain in good standing so that future trips may be scheduled. If you fail to cancel an unneeded trip, the following actions will be taken:
- One No Show-You will receive a warning letter.
- Two No Shows-within two months-You will need to schedule a meeting with your DSS caseworker to review transportation procedures. Call the Department of Social Services at 607-737-5360. You will receive information on the Fair Hearing process.
What are the Riders Code of Conduct on the bus?
1. No eating or drinking.
2. No smoking, including e-cigarettes or vaping.
3. No animals allowed unless it’s a service animal.
4. Place bags and packages on your lap and secured so as not to block the aisle or slide around.
5. Be prepared to pay the correct fare and present a valid identification card when requesting a reduced fare.
6. Use earphones when playing audio or video devices.
7. No littering, running, horseplay, or swearing.
8. Do not harass the driver and other passengers.
9. No posting or soliciting or distributing pamphlets without permission from C TRAN.
Please refer to the 2016 Transit Passenger and Visitor Conduct Policy available by request by calling the C TRAN office at 607-5211 or on www.ridectran.com. Drivers may discharge passengers who are not following the rules. Violation of public law such as assault, carrying a concealed weapon, and vandalism or property damage will be considered a serious offense. Failure to follow the rules could lead to suspension of ridership, including long term suspension.
Riders seeking more information should call the C TRAN customer information line at 607 734-5211