Tips For C TRAN Riders
How to Ride
- Look at the bus schedule to determine the time point of when the bus will be at the location near you. PM times are in bold. On Request means that the bus will stop with no additional fare, but only through a pre-arranged request.
- C TRAN is a flag stop system which means a passenger may board a bus at any safe place along a fixed route. When you see the bus you want, signal the driver by waving.
- Our bus operators are not allowed to handle money or give change. Please be sure to have exact change to pay your fare for each trip.
- In place of the $1.75 or $0.85 fares, bus tokens may be purchased at the C TRAN Administrative Offices, 1201 Clemens Center Parkway or at the Chemung County Transportation Center between Church and Gray Streets in Elmira.
- If you ride often, save money by purchasing a monthly pass. A monthly pass entitles you to unlimited ridership on any fixed routes within the month for which the pass is valid.
- Passes must be displayed each time you board and must remain in your possession for the entire trip. A monthly pass may be used by any member of your family.
- Take your seat as quickly as possible. Never change seats while the bus is moving. Wait until the bus departs your stop before crossing the street. Refrain from engaging in unnecessary conversation with the driver.